Friday, August 18, 2006

Day 1 Photos

The sign outside the centre, and, I believe, you can see the official launching off point, training facility, whatever it was where just about every trip to Antarctica starts.










My contribution to one of the "interactive" displays in the museum. Libby suggested the cocoa. Ice weasels scoff at such things.











Us in front of the Hagglund. Not a very good picture of the vehicle, I'm afraid. There are two parts to it, a cab where the driver and a few passengers can sit and a trailer where most of the passengers are hauled.









A Big Fish. There is a running theme in New Zealand of dedicating large statues to just about everything. We tried to take pictures of as many of them as possible, but this might be the only one I include, just so everyone gets an idea of what we were looking at when, and if, I ever mention the type of thing.













In front of Mt. Cook. Because posting pictures is such a nightmare on this site, I won't include the one with nobody in it. Just imagine that landscape with no people. Mt. Cook is back there somewhere. I didn't think it was that distinguishable from everything else in the horizon, but someone must have thought it was pretty special.






Dinner in Queenstown. Photo taken by a beautifully self-absorbed waitress (or possibly owner of the restaurant, I wasn't sure). From left to right: Molly, Karen, JF, Darrell, Pat, Libby.

No comments: